Not Snoozing... Losing!

I CAN do this -- One day at a time

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Decathecting


How do you like that for a ninety-nine cent word?

What does it mean?

Decathect -- To withdraw one's feeling of attachment from (a person, idea, or object), as in anticipation of a future loss. (Thank you infoplease.com!)

I need to decathect from my bodyfat...
I must somehow in my mind be very attatched to it because it's been here a long time.
Why am I so attatched to it?

I need to make my mind understand that it is OK to let the excess go.

What does my body and/or mind need that it is replacing with this padding?
What is it trying to protect me from?

Is my body mad that I have abused it all these years?

Are my mind and body just so detatched from eachother that the lack of communication and understanding caused me to compulsively eat to deal with stress and anxiety instead of noticing how the food was effecting my body?

This is definitely something to work on so it does not become a roadblock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home